Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shaw Daycare Open for Business

Remember that show, 8 is Enough? Well, today, Mommy decided TWO is definitely enough. We had a very busy, action filled day. We got to keep Bobby all day while Aunt Jen and Uncle Kevin moved into their new house. Boy is he busy! And I was a little energized from eating donut holes for breakfast (bad idea, Mommy!) so I was a little bit crazy for a while this morning! We had a great time, though. Bobby taught Harrison how to eat Cheerios. Then, to add some more fun to the mix, Tessa came over with her two kids Asher and Nadia -- we dined together for lunch. I'm loving having all these kids to eat with! Then everyone got a bit tired (Harrison was absent for most of the morning activities because he took a 3 hour nap this morning!). So Bobby and I both took a good nap and then it was off and running again! Literally. Amy and Scott brought Abbey over and once they got here there were enough adults and kids to run a man on man defense. Phew! Bobby gave Scott lots of high fives - he's pretty good at this babysitting stuff apparently! And so is Pops! Mommy was very impressed and very aprreciative and very touched by how good Pops was at entertaining all of us kids all day. I think he even had fun! After we all had baths and got PJs on, I decided I wasn't done playing. I saw Pops crawling on the floor (he was actually reaching for a toy under the table, but I assumed he must be getting ready to play HORSE!). So I made him play horsie (Pops wants to thank Grandpa Ken for starting this game!). Gams even joined in on the fun for a little bit!

In other news, although I still struggle somedays with my counting (I keep getting stuck on 3...), today I managed to count to six in Spanish without any prompting or assistance. Thank you Dora!

Mommy went over to babysit Abbey after all of us went to sleep so that Aunt Amy and Uncle Scott could go on a date. She only had to stay for about an hour until their baby nurse came to take over, so it wasn't very tough, but she enjoyed getting some time alone to hold Abbey! Now Mommy is pretty exhausted and looking forward to taking it easy tomorrow!







No comments: