We then found our way over to the kids' zone and I managed to finagle some time on the moonbounce, air slide, and feeding the goats at the petting zoo. This was then interrupted by some really loud "KABOOM" sounds so I went running to see what was happening -- notice I went running toward the noise, not away....I am tough! They were doing a reenactment of Pearl Harbor and I really think this came pretty close to being my favorite part. I even talked about it over dinner when we got home tonight -- "loud noise....watch out for fire!...that was fun!" (on a side note, the other thing I said at dinner was that I wanted a cookie and when Mommy tried to tell me we were out of cookies, I pondered this for a moment and replied (verbatim) "I know..........TARGET!" Mommy was speechless. Okay, back to the air show...
Then we found some little area called Stepping Stones to Aviation and I got to drive a pedal plane. I let Harrison sit in the plane for a second too, but I'm the only one who got a certificate! The certificate reads taht I "successfully navigated a pedal plane in and out of a controlled flight area, completing her first aiport simulation." Sounds pretty accomplished, doesn't it???
Then, we went to see more of the static displays and we found a Tweety Bird and I even got to sit in it. Mommy still doesn't know how you used to fly in that thing...it's not much bigger than my pedal plane!
It was a pretty hot and exhausting day. Harrison and I both had a turn at taking a nap in the stroller. We finished it off by watching the "blue planes" (also known by some as the Blue Angels) and then headed home. I am clearly a pilot's daughter....I was overwhelmed with excitement all day long....I just kept squealing and running and saying "c'mon Mommy, let's go see planes!" I loved it. I can't wait to go again (but Mommy says we're not going back tomorrow....guess we'll add that to the list of things you get to take me to next!). Hopefully next time we go to the base to see airplanes, it will be to see yours coming home! We miss you!








No comments:
Post a Comment