We left Santa Barbara on Friday and drove up to San Francisco to meet up with Uncle Ryan and Brooke and go to the Notre Dame football game at Stanford on Saturday. Mom & Dad were a little nervous about taking us to the game, but we both did so well! We started out the day with some tailgating (I didn't really understand this part of the day and kept saying I wanted to go see the football show). The picture Daddy took of Charlie arguing with the refs was pretty representative of the day...we sure did a lot of booing at all the bad calls that were made. Harrison managed to fall asleep and missed half of the game. I, on the other hand, decided to try out all the wonderful delicacies offered at a football stadium and spent most of the game eating and cheering with Brooke & Ryan. Somehow, Notre Dame managed to win the game, so it was a fun day overall!
After the game, we drove up to Sonoma and got to see downtown San Francisco and drive across the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset. I was so sad to leave the football game and Uncle Ryan decided to distract me by getting me excited about going swimming at the new hotel. He did a good job because I stopped being sad about the game being over and was thrilled to hear about a swimming pool. What Ryan didn't know, though, is that the new hotel does have a swimming pool, but it's outside (and it was about 60 degrees outside when we got there at 6pm). Luckily, the pool is heated to 84 so they decided to take me swimming rather than deal with a very disappointed 3 year old! The water was actually pretty nice and we had a great time swimming, but it sure was cold when we had to get out!
1 comment:
Yay! Congrats on the win, I'm so glad you all had fun at the game, how great!!
We lost our voices shouting at our Vols in OT, but wow, it was a good football day (except for FSU losing to those darn Gators).
Your packing up friends,
The Buhls
Post a Comment