Monday, November 12, 2007

The First Day

Despite the advice from all of you (and our better judgement), we embarked on our 11 state journey this morning. It actually didn't go that badly, although everyone was ready to be at the hotel by the time we reached Amarillo, TX -- or as Mommy likes to call it, Armadillo.

Needless to say, I was pretty hungry by the time we arrived. Mommy found a "must visit" restaurant called "The Big Texan". I was a huge fan! First, we got a ride from the hotel in a limo with horns! I'm going to try and convince Daddy to put some of those on his car.



Even though I wanted to eat chicken at this world famous steakhouse, I had no trouble fitting in. First, I got to drink my milk out of a boot! (Oh, and I'm not actually suffering from cyanide poisining in this picture, I was eating a blue gumball -- or as I like to call it "a meatball".)

The best part, though was when we got our free cowboy/girl hats. I think Harrison liked his as much as me as you can see in this short video:

I was really surprised when the musicians who were going from table to table came over to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. I must really be something special.

Despite the fact that it was already an hour past bedtime, I insisted that I was going to the swimming pool after we returned. Not a bad day after all. Tomorrow, we're going to see a bunch of Cadillac's burried in the ground and then we should be in Albuquerque tomorrow night. I can't wait.

No comments: