Tuesday, October 6, 2009

They're Here!

Welcome to the world Madison Rose and Kennedy Lynn!

Mommy went in for a check up today. She thought it would be uneventful, but Daddy thought they should take along the hospital bags just to be on the safe side. Guess Daddy was right. The doctor started to get a little nervous because Mom was already at 2 cm and then when she did the ultrasound, it looked like Baby B wasn't growing as much as she should be. So after some quick deliberation, she decided we would be better to go ahead and get the babies out. Baby B had turned around and was breach, so a c-section was scheduled for about an hour later....

All went perfectly with the c-section and both babies came out screaming. Madison Rose was born first (2:39pm) and was 5 lbs, 9 oz followed by Kennedy Lynn (2:40pm) who is a tiny little thing at 4 lbs, 14 ozs. They are both gorgeous, if we can say so ourselves. Mommy is recovering well so far but is anxious to go see the babies who she hasn't seen since they showed them to her after delivering them. Daddy has been close by the girls while they run a few tests and they will be wheeling Mommy down shortly to visit. We'll keep everyone posted on how things go as they will be watching them closely over the next 24-48 hours.

Here's the first photo:

3 comments:

tt said...

Soooooo happy for you and your entire family! Wow, is Corey already calculating in his head how to pay for three girls' weddings? I think that Harrison would like a little brother now....just joking! :) Congrats, guys!

Traci McG.

Fosko Family said...

They are so beautiful!! I get teary eyed each time I look at them. I am so happy for you both. I love you very much Madison and Kennedy and I cannot wait to meet you.

Love,

Aunt Jen

mommy2alex said...

I'm so glad that everything went smoothly for you! So excited for Kennedy and Madison to have been blessed with such a wonderful family!!!! :)