Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tears over Abbey, Fun with Bobby & some more tears...

I realized a few days after Abbey left that Amy, Scott & Abbey left "without saying goodbye" -- this was because I had my first sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's while Mom & Dad took them to Sioux Falls. I LOVED staying at Grandma and Grandpa's and actually cried when Mommy came to pick me up. Luckily, Mom was able to displace my sadness over their departure and focus my attention on my cousin Bobby coming to visit. Jen, Kevin & Bobby arrived yesterday and we spent the afternoon in Pierre visiting the capitol building and going out for ice cream (my idea, of course!). We took them out to the river for mass last night (probably a bad idea with all of us tired kids, but we got through it). Today we took it easy and spent the morning at the park and the afternoon at the pool. I've really been enjoying having Bobby here and he and Harrison are getting along better than we guessed two toddler boys would!






As for the "tears" in the title of the blog entry....there were just a few. The first were from Bobby. It was his first time in a pool and he was a bit afraid of the whole experience. Mom captured his initial reaction in this photo...Luckily, he warmed up to the whole experience and ended up having a lot of fun...

Daddy didn't get to come to the pool with us because we are always doing something to the house and today he & Mommy were pulling up the carpet in the office. As most of you know, I'm a pretty sensitive kid. Mom & Dad forget this fact sometimes and say things like "say goodbye to the carpet Reagan." They realized this was the wrong thing to say as my voice starting cracking and I was saying "I sure am going to miss this carpet......"

Needless to say, it's been a very fun and a very exhausting weekend. Today is a big day, though...Harrison and I are heading over to meet Lynette, our daycare provider, and I can't wait. In fact today when Mommy told me that she was going to stay with me and we were just going to stay for a little while, I asked why I couldn't stay longer and didn't she have some work to do! Let's hope I like it as much as I think I will! Us kids are off to bed for now...Good night!

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Love the color that you painted the office!!