Saturday, July 5, 2008

The final parade

We had a big crowd and a really fun time last night for the 4th. We enjoyed yummy burgers and brats courtesy of Daddy and then headed outside for the fireworks show. This was the first year that cousin Luke was allowed to light them, so he was just as excited as I was! Daddy helped Luke and he even got Mommy & Amy out to light a few of them (they're still a bit overcautious around those things having not grown up with them). I especially like the sparklers (I call them sprinklers). Grandpa even brought more trucks for them to set on fire. We didn't get quite as severe a reaction, but there were a few shouts of protest at times... I'm pretty sure his favorite part, though, was jumping in the baby pool fully clothed. He had the best time ever in there last night!




Today was our 6th and final parade. Six might not sound like a lot but when you're running alongside a car, handing out frisbees and trying to keep up, you're grateful when they're done. Mommy & Amy only got to help out with a few, but Daddy & Justin are pretty sure they've stumbled across an excellent new workout/bootcamp routine! I personally have enjoyed all of them because I'm usually either handing out or catching candy -- and most of the time, I'm doing both (today I even managed to do it simultaneously!). Today's celebration also included an inflatables area so we got to jump around the moonbounce and run through a big obstacle course -- Mommy went through with Harrison and wore herself out! We had a good time, but we're looking forward to having our weekends back for swimming, weekend getaways, and more home improvement projects!











Abbey is still here for another week and Uncle Scott comes on Wednesday. They're planning on a fairly quiet week and then we're heading over to Sioux Falls on Sunday to drop them off with Abbey's Prairie Grandmas (they live in Iowa). Hope everyone is still enjoying their long weekend!

No comments: