Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day

Happy May Day everybody! (Honestly, you wouldn't know it was May up here -- we were at the park enjoying gorgeous weather just yesterday and now they're calling for a chance of snow tomorrow!!!!)

Mom never got to celebrate May day growing up , but people here are very familiar with May baskets so I got to work yesterday and decorated baskets and filled them with treats to deliver today. For those of you who don't know how it works, it's basically a nice way to ding-dong-ditch people. You ring the doorbell, leave the basket and run away! Their job is to try to catch the person and if they catch you they get to give you a kiss!!!! I took the first basket to Aunt Chelle's house and made it all the way back to the car without being discovered but then decided I wanted to knock on her door again so I ran back up there and she came out and grabbed me and kissed me! Then I decided I liked the kisses, so I just sat there after ringing doorbells and waited for the kiss :). We even took one down to Daddy's office -- he was so happy to see us that he even shared some of his candy with us. We also got treats from Grandma and from Great Grandma. Mom commented that we ended up coming home with more goodies than we left with...go figure!







No comments: