Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We don't have a lot of pictures from today but thought we'd share a few to show off our daddy. He was asked to be the guest speaker at 2 different Memorial Day events today. Mom & Dad took us kids along to the first. Mom was regretting this decision within the first few minutes upon realizing Harrison might not be too quiet and I wouldn't want to leave the room when Mommy said we needed to go for a minute. Luckily we got it together and I sat quietly and Mommy & Harrison were able to hang out in the back of the room where they could still see me and Harrison could make a little noise. Everyone said they enjoyed seeing us kids there so we couldn't have been too bad! We wore ourselves out pretty good at the first event so we came back home and spent the afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa while Mom & Dad went to the next town. I hope that you all managed to enjoy a nice long weekend and also took a minute to be grateful for all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country in the military, especially the ones who will not return home. To quote one of our favorite presidents :) Benjamin Harrison:
"I have never been able to think of the day as one of mourning; I have never quite been able to feel that half-masted flags were appropriate on Decoration Day. I have rather felt that the flag should be at the peak, because those whose dying we commemorate rejoiced in seeing it where their valor placed it. We honor them in a joyous, thankful, triumphant commemoration of what they did."


This week may be a bit busy for us as we ready for the Primary Election next Tuesday. Not sure if we'll post again before then, but we promise to post the results!

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

We'll be thinking of you all this week and keeping our fingers crossed!! Best of luck!