Monday, May 19, 2008

2 Weeks

Mom got out the camera and took a few pictures of us to make sure we had something to post this week. Things have gotten a little crazy around here. Our house often looks like a mixture of a campaign headquarters and a mail room. Mom & Dad and some very very very nice friends and family members got together and hand addressed, stuffed and mailed about 5000 letters out this weekend - yikes! Luckily cousins Luke and Jenna were on hand to play with us and keep us busy and out of the way. As you can see in the picture we each have our favorite cousin. I love Luke and love playing football and tackling him and Harrison thinks Jenna is the greatest -- he never lays still on the couch and cuddles like that with anyone else!

Aunt Christie came to town for the weekend to help too and she and Grandma let me spend a lot of the weekend with them planting flowers. I must be exhausted from all the work and fun because I slept in until 8 the past two days (this is late for me!) and tonight I fell asleep on the couch!

Mom also took a few pictures of Daddy from this weekend. He was asked to give the Commencement Address at the high school. Harrison stayed home for his nap but I got to go see him. I kept waving at him from the crowd and asked a few times if I could go up and give him a hug! I clapped for him when his speech was over and promptly fell asleep in Mom's lap for the rest of the ceremony (told you I was tired these days!).

The other big news is that Mom is rejoining the ranks of the working world. She was offered the job of coordinating the CCD/Religious Education program at our church. Not exactly social work, but a great chance to work with the kids and it's a part time job which is just what she was hoping for. She'll have a few meetings in the next few weeks but won't officially start until August so she's excited to have the summer free to play with us and host all the visitors we have coming to see us in July!

Don't stop crossing your fingers for Daddy, please!




1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Congrats on the job, that's just perfect, part time and you have the best baby-sitter! WOW!
Yep, crossing my fingers for Corey since I cannot vote for him myself!