Sunday, September 21, 2008
Vote for My Daddy!
Well, there are only 44 more days until election day, which means that campaign season is in full swing around our house. The other day, after Mom & Dad got home from work, we went on an "adventure" to drive around and put up yard signs in people's yards. Harrison and I are pretty easy to entertain, apparently! We had a lot of fun and I got out at every stop and helped Daddy put the sign in the ground. We also had a lot of fun just playing with Daddy's signs in the living room while they were getting them put together on the stands - I used them for hopscotch, ice skates, nap mats...



Parade season has started up again too, so us kids are on a constant sugar high yet again. Daddy went to a homecoming parade on Friday and then on Saturday we rode along to a nearby town's Schmeckfest -- a German/Russian festival. They had a parade as part of their festivities -- the best part was that we got to ride in the back of the pickup with Daddy & Justin to help throw out candy. (Mom drove and listened to a pathetic ND game on the radio.... I think she would have rather been riding in back with us!) Harrison was having a blast tossing little handfuls of candy and cheering "yea!" with every throw. I mastered the art of throwing one handed so that I could use my other hand to wave at everyone....I'm getting pretty good at this! Riding in the back was so much fun that Harrison had a bit of a fit when we had to get back into our carseats for the drive back home!



Mom & Dad think we're pretty fun kids these days. Harrison is finally old enough that the two of us can play together on our own --- of course, this also means that we're old enough to fight too. Mom heard lots of whining and tattling this week as I would shout "Mooooommmmmm....Harrison's bothering me!" or "Mooooommmmmm....Harrison's not sharing today!" Sometimes I take matters into my own hands and Mom loves listening to me scold Harrison -- I even use his full name - only I can't pronounce William very well so I call him Harrison Wilman Brown!!! Meanwhile Harrison is talking up a storm....he's like a little parrot and repeats everything he hears. He's usually talking in full sentences and addresses people by name. It's cute. Harrison also appears to be trying to potty train himself. The past couple days he has been going on the potty and has even told Mom & Dad once or twice that he needed to go. He's pretty proud of himself and so are we!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment