Sunday was another beautiful day and after church and lunch out with my cousins, Mom & Dad got back to work on the office. Mom is posting this picture for two reasons....one is to show you that Harrison's new favorite way to eat is with toothpicks (we had cocktail weiners at his party that he gobbled up and he was fascinated by the toothpicks and Mom realized that he'll eat a lot more with this newfound utensil!) She also posted the picture because if you look in the background you'll see that Daddy got the new window in and he did a great job! He's really turning into quite the carpenter....
Monday, September 15, 2008
A good weekend
I am starting to learn my days of the week and I have a lot of things that help me remember what's what. I know that Tuesday is Nette's day (the day I go to daycare....I dread it all weekend long!) and I know that Wednesday is "Grandma's day with the kiddos" (Grandma is my hero and decided to keep us one day a week to save me from daycare!) and I know that Friday is DOUGHNUT DAY! This is probably Harrison's favorite day of the week. He loves running into the bakery and oohing and aahing over all the doughnuts in the case. I've learned to politely say "I would like a sprinkle doughnut, please" whereas Harrison just jabs his finger on the glass saying "this, this, this!!!" The fall weather has been gorgeous and we've been taking lots of walks to enjoy the cool days. We walked to the bakery on Friday and Harrison carried his bag of doughnut holes (I'm pretty sure he ate all 12 that day on the walk home!)


Later that day we decided it would be fun to have a picnic lunch. Mom has decided she likes this idea a lot too -- she doesn't have to clean the kitchen when we are done eating! She thought Harrison looked pretty cute doing yardwork while I lazed about on my blanket...
This is me covering myself with grass trying to get Harrison to "mow me!"
We stayed outside playing on the deck pretty much all day and figured out how to move the storage box over by the window to peek in on Mommy & Daddy when they were getting dinner ready. They got a pretty good laugh out of us -- this is one of their new favorite pictures of Harrison...
Saturday brought lots and lots of rain but we enjoyed getting to put on our raincoats and rainboots and went right outside to play. Harrison doesn't yet understand the mechanics of the umbrella (i.e. that it is supposed to be held over the head) so he cried a little about the rain getting him wet while holding his umbrella down....silly boy....



Sunday was another beautiful day and after church and lunch out with my cousins, Mom & Dad got back to work on the office. Mom is posting this picture for two reasons....one is to show you that Harrison's new favorite way to eat is with toothpicks (we had cocktail weiners at his party that he gobbled up and he was fascinated by the toothpicks and Mom realized that he'll eat a lot more with this newfound utensil!) She also posted the picture because if you look in the background you'll see that Daddy got the new window in and he did a great job! He's really turning into quite the carpenter....
Here's the door Mom & Dad stained and hung....
And here is the office!!!!!
They unfortunately don't have a very good "before" picture. Mom kinda started tearing into the room before they really decided to work on it and then they forgot to get a picture. Here's one they took after pulling all the wood paneling and ceiling tiles down just to give you an idea....

They're moving in the furniture and getting it all set up -- we'll post the finished picture soon!
Sunday was another beautiful day and after church and lunch out with my cousins, Mom & Dad got back to work on the office. Mom is posting this picture for two reasons....one is to show you that Harrison's new favorite way to eat is with toothpicks (we had cocktail weiners at his party that he gobbled up and he was fascinated by the toothpicks and Mom realized that he'll eat a lot more with this newfound utensil!) She also posted the picture because if you look in the background you'll see that Daddy got the new window in and he did a great job! He's really turning into quite the carpenter....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You didnt keep the carpet??? Hehe!
I just cant get over how big Reagan and Harrison are looking. Wow!
Miss you all tons.
Well, I'm glad to see you all are doing well. I'm sure your in good spirits after the ND win of Michigan. I just hope Charlie Weiss is okay, he needs to move a little faster. I think the most important thing I saw in all the pictures is that Harrison has overcome his fear of grass! Miss you guys! -Zach and Katye
Post a Comment