No....no more human members. But we did finally talk Mom & Dad into a fish. Red is my favorite color, so I picked the "beautiful, red one" and decided to name it after my Aunt Chelle. I sit near the bowl and talk to my fish and make sure it's eating and getting enough rest. Mom & Dad new I'd like having a fish, but I don't think they realized just how much I would love it! (Mom & Dad are a bit worried for the day Chelle goes belly up due to the fact that I love it so much -- I'm a pretty emotional kid about most situations, so everyone is praying that Fishy Chelle stays healthy for a while!)

We've been busy doing about 8 things at a time all week, which didn't leave time for many pictures. Mom survived her first week of CCD with kids in attendance and even found her final volunteer. Dad is working hard because the Governor and about 60 state employees are coming to Gettysburg on Tuesday to put on an event called Capital for a Day. It's a big deal that our town was selected as one of 4 in the state to host it but it means lots and lots of work for Daddy & the city. Pray that all goes smoothly on Tuesday!
All of our friends and family managed to completely fill our house with new toys for Harrison's birthday and that has kept us plenty busy. Our friends the Bleichers sent a great scooter that we keep fighting over. Harrison doesn't really get it, though, he stands up on it and wonders why he isn't going anywhere. So we take turns pushing each other around on it...

We were all very excited (and very nervous) for Notre Dame football to start this weekend. Apparently we had reason to be nervous -- it wasn't a very pretty game, but the Irish pulled off a win. Harrison and I both fell asleep for parts of the game, but it doesn't sound like we missed much. We both were awake for the end and practiced our "touchdown!" arms. We also got to go to Gettysburg's first game of the season Friday night and had a great time. I got to sit in the stands with the big girls because my cousin Erika let me hang out with her. I thought I was pretty special! I even played with the cheerleaders for a while -- but when I yelled out my cheer I screamed "GO IRISH!" Guess we better work on that!


As for the other project for the weekend, see if you notice anything missing in this picture:

Yup....there's a big hole in our new office. Daddy took out the old window and if all goes well today, we'll be installing a new one. Sure hope this works! You can also see in the picture though, that we got the crown molding hung -- we will hopefully be moving the furniture in soon! This home remodeling stuff sure does take a bit longer when you're doing it yourself! Mom & Dad are having fun though and are already making plans for the next room to tackle. Luckily, they've hired someone for the kitchen -- they're not crazy enough to take on that challenge yet!
Back to work...
1 comment:
Good luck with the fish, our betta was a survivor for sure, so hope yours will be too!
Look at cheerleader Reagan, so cute!
Post a Comment