Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oh What a Night

WOW - Where do I start?!?!?!?!

Yesterday was one of the most amazing days of my life. Granted, I was most excited about starting dance classes and meeting Curious George, but it turned out that the best part of yesterday is that DADDY WON!!!! You need to realize that my daddy is nothing short of amazing. We moved back to South Dakota, took out a petition to run for state legislature that same week and managed to defeat a guy that has been in the legislature for the past six years. Yesterday was absolutely fantastic! Mom & Dad had some stressful moments while waiting for the polling numbers to come in but once they started reporting the results, things just kept getting better. They had a really fun night out and were overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up to help watch the results filter in and celebrate with them. Mom had fun taking a lot of pictures of people's faces every time the screen refreshed with updated results. My Daddy is the best and luckily most of the people have already figured that out. They're gearing up for the general election, but they're taking a little break first....so we had a great morning today of hanging out together as a family with nothing to do but eat breakfast and hang out in pajamas...it's been a long time since we got to do that and we all really enjoyed the day. Thank you to everyone who was voting, wishing, supporting, praying, watching or anything!

Here's a picture of Harrison & me in our Weepublican t-shirts!


In the midst of all the fun, I got to go meet Curious George. The lady I'm sitting next to is the woman who runs the day care Harrison and I will start going to in the fall. I snuggled right up next to her for storytime and allayed any fears anyone had about how I might adjust to the change!





After meeting Curious George, I had my first dance class. I worked pretty hard to follow directions and to stay on my spot and learned a few new tricks. Mom took some video that she hopes to share eventually! She was laughing a lot (but was excited and proud at the same time!).


After taking their greatest volunteers out to dinner, Mom & Dad met up with everyone at the bar to watch election results filter in. They had wireless internet and hooked up one of the big screens to the laptop so everyone could see the numbers as they got reported. They had a great turnout and loved watching the results with so many people that shared their excitement. It was nervewracking at times, but we came in with an early lead and managed to maintain it throughout the evening. It was clear by 10:00pm and Daddy got the phone call from his opponent by then so we knew it was time to celebrate! The Editor of the paper took a great photo of daddy voting with all of us watching and gave a framed copy of it to Mommy along with a shirt that said "Team Brown" with our logo on it. They are two of her new most prized posessions. It was such a fun night for them that they say they will never forget (I unfortunately was in bed but was happy to ask daddy when he woke up if he won!). I'm so proud of my daddy!!!!!






1 comment: