Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Busy Week


This first picture pretty much describes our week -- we were exhausted! Our church had Vacation Bible School this week and Mom was there to help out since it will fall under her job duties in future years. They had a daycare room there for us younger kids and luckily this room was staffed by a few junior high kids, including two of my favorite cousins - Jenna & Luke!

Harrison gave up his nap everyday this week since VBS was in the afternoons, but he managed pretty well and even managed to catch a quick snooze on the floor or in the stroller each day. A lot of days we would both fall asleep on the walk home in the stroller, as is evidenced by the picture. The week itself was fun, but it was a bit of a change from our normal routine so we were pretty tired by the end of it all. No rest for the weary (or the campaigning!), though... Friday brought a dinner for Mommy & Daddy and Saturday brought yet another parade (I won't keep repeating myself every week -- they threw candy, we loved it, Harrison loved the trucks, etc.) Daddy of course was a hit because this time he was passing out frisbees with his logo on them! Luckily, Daddy manages to end up in the front of these parades, so when he gets through he finds us and watches the rest of it with us...




We came home and played with our pool on the deck (I say played "with" instead of played in, because Harrison and I both spent most of the time playing with the water from outside the pool). Mommy & Daddy got back to work on remodeling the office and managed to get some sheetrock up on the ceiling (thanks to the added help of Aunt Chelle and Uncle Rick -- THANK YOU!).

One of Daddy's cousins came to town this weekend with his 1 year old daughter and I had so much fun visiting with her -- although she did make a lot of funny faces at me when I'd get too close!

We had a nice picnic lunch today with Grandma, Grandpa, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa today after church and then Harrison & I both fell asleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house....so Mom & Dad left us there and headed home to work on the house while we napped. It was a great afternoon.

And now the exciting countdown begins because my cousin Abigail is coming on Wednesday night!!! I'm so excited that I literally gasp and jump up and down everytime Mommy talks to me about it. We can't wait and we hope they have a very safe, sane and easy trip out to us!!! Good luck Aunt Amy!

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Aaaww, it's SO great to see how happy Reagan and Harrison are in SD, just wonderful!!