

Then we went to lunch and climbed around on the playground at Chick-fil-a (and we learned a great fact -- if you turn your kids meal toy back in, you get free ice cream!!!!). We came home for naps and then I learned Italian -- yep, Italian. A lot of the other mommies speak other languages, so we've started doing bilingual storytimes. Last month was Spanish and today we did Italian. We sang Old McDonald in Italian and read a story and then did a craft where we matched up and glued pictures of animals and their Italian words onto paper. I was mostly interested in the glue but I did learn to say Ciao and how to count to five in Italian.


The storytime was held at the clubhouse in our neighborhood which is connected to the pool, so Mommy was prepared for the fact that once I saw the pool we'd be going swimming. She packed our swimsuits and floaties and Daddy met us at the pool after storytime was over and we went swimming. I tried on a pair of goggles and thought I looked pretty silly! I'm trying to learn to blow bubbles and swim (but I won't let Daddy teach me how to float on my back!). As expected, we were worn out after our day and had no trouble going to bed early!

No comments:
Post a Comment