Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Day!

The biggest news about today is that it's Daddy's last day of work! I'm so excited to celebrate with him! We bought him a present yesterday and I actually managed to keep it a secret and not tell him about it yet! This morning we went to the store and bought some balloons for him (I wanted to get a fishy one and a Cars one, but we settled on the congratulations themed ones instead). So when he gets home this afternoon he'll be greeted by a big present and balloons right inside the door! (the sign on the wall is the same Welcome Home sign we made for him when he flew home from the desert...we haven't taken it down yet because Daddy likes seeing it even when he's only been away for a regular work day!)....


We also got a lot of things at the party store for Harrison's birthday party, which I am very excited about ever since finding the invitation! I was quite the shopper once I caught on to the theme and starting throwing things into the shopping basket for Mom. I actually found a few great items and Mom only had to tell me no a few times (apparently luau shirts, flowers and Curious Geoorge don't fit in with football).

After our shopping we met up with Allison and Bailey at the indoor playground and had a great time playing and eating lunch together. Even Harrison had fun crawling around. He found a triangle block/slide thingy and thought it was hilarious because he would crawl up it a few inches and then end up sliding back to the bottom. He kept laughing and laughing. I came up with an ingenious idea to take the car shaped piece and ride it down the slide (and of course inspired a few other brave toddlers to replicate the stunt!). And even more exciting is that I stopped playing to go tell Mommy I had to go potty and I went! (and then I proceeded to repeat this three more times because they had the cutest miniature toilet stall for us little girls to use and I liked it so much that I would tell mom I had to go potty "quick!" and then go in just to sit on it, flush and wash my hands again. Mom put up with it because I'm learning and I did such a good job the first time. Perhaps we should install one of those at home!



We're napping now and getting ready to celebrate with Daddy when he comes home. Mom also got a sitter for us so that she and Daddy can go out and celebrate at dinner. Mom might be nice and let Daddy sleep in tomorrow morning, but then she says she's putting him to work!

No comments: