Monday, August 10, 2009

The Zoo

Wow....what a week....and it's only Monday night! Yesterday, the county fair. Today, the zoo! As mom sat here wondering what on earth to do today, I again mentioned my desire to go to the zoo (not sure where this has been coming from, but I recently got on a kick of wanting to go to one). So, mom decided that we might as well make our first border crossing into the state of North Dakota and go to the zoo in Bismarck. Turned out to be a great idea! We took the train ride around the zoo first and got the lay of the land and picked out the animals we really wanted to go see, and then of course went to go see most of them! They had a brand new baby chimpanzee who was pretty darn cute (except for a very noticeable male appendage that Mom did not expect to be so prominent on such a tiny little monkey....and, yes, I did notice it!). I loved the bears and some birds and a cute little raccoon that tried to make friends with me because he saw I was eating animal crackers. We also spent time at the children's zoo and fed a few goats, donkeys, chickens and pigs. Then we let Mom sit on a bench in the shade while we burned off the rest of our energy at the playground. It was a perfect day. I even commented to Mom that I didn't know the zoo would be so much fun! (silly me, this was my idea and I didn't know it would be fun????). Harrison and I both fell asleep on the car ride home and Mom was able to get us into our beds without us waking up....so it's a good night for her too!Tomorrow, life returns to normal. We head to daycare for the day while Mom heads to the doctor for her check up. She'll be sure to post the latest news...Good night!

No comments: