Sunday, October 12, 2008

An early birthday present and an update to a previous post about my hair...

Grandma and Grandpa have heard me wish several times for a tire swing to hang from our tree out front. Well, Grandma found an even funner tree swing and bought it for me for my birthday present this year. However, being the wise people that they are, they realized that mid- November might be a tad bit chilly for swinging and they decided to let me open it early so that I could enjoy it a little bit before it gets too cold. We had such a fun afternoon swinging.....as you can see, Grandma even joined in on the fun! Harrison took a turn and then watched from the sidelines with Grandpa and made sure they stayed warm with blankets. This must have worn him out because he decided to take a little nap on the lawn! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for a fun gift and a great afternoon!






Mom and Dad have been busy with the campaign. Luckily, family and friends are still falling for the "hey, want to come over for dinner?" line -- we do feed them, but then we hand them the latest project and ask for help....we're grateful to have such a willing workforce! They've even entrusted me with the job of afixing stamps to envelopes and I'm getting pretty good at it!
I have been enjoying lots of arts and crafts activities lately and my favorite thing to draw right now is people -- people dressed up for halloween, people in boats, people rock climbing, people voting for my daddy, you name it. But one constant thing in my drawings is a line on the bottom half of the person. When asked what this was, I replied, "it's their bare butts" But they're on the front of the person. I have since amended my answer and now say it's their pants....either way it's an interesting addition to the drawings.... While Mommy was in the shower the other day I had my piggy bank out and was counting my coins. I decided to use them as my art materials and made this fun person and then made Mom take a picture of me with him....
On another interesting note: if you recall my last post was about my love affair with my hair. Well.....Saturday was haircut day in our house for the boys and after Mom finished cutting their hair, I said it was my turn. Mom was intending to just cut my bangs and then asked if she could at least trim up the ends to make it a little neater. Needless to say, she hasn't had to cut long hair in a while (make that ever unless you count her unsuccessful attempts at cutting her own hair when she was little), so getting it even took a little work and a bit of my hair. Luckily, I'm happy with it -- and I'm still planning to grow it for locks of love when it grows again...
That's it from us -- have a good week!

1 comment:

3 Great Girls said...

Beautiful hair Reagan!
She looks so much like you Karen WOW!