Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Grandpa had a birthday last week, but he ended up having to spend the night out of town for work so we had to wait to celebrate until this weekend. The waiting part was very hard for me because I had made him a cake and picked out some really fun toys to give him for presents, so I really wanted to get to celebrating so that I could help eat the cake and play with "his" new toys! These are pictures of the cake mixing. I decided I'm old enough to hold the mixer myself -- this was a frightening step of independence for mom to watch but she let me do it (although her hands were less than an inch from the mixer in case things went awry!). I picked out frosting with sprinkles and shook them all into a big heap in the center of the cake! I also learned about licking the mixer clean and tried a few times to dip them back in to get more batter! Mom & Dad forgot their camera when we went over to celebrate but there's a bunch of pictures on Grandma's camera that we'll work on getting posted here. I gave Grandpa a miniature golf set so we spent most of the afternoon out back golfing. So fun! This birthday didn't end up being very much about grandpa, but he was a good sport and I think he was happy!

No comments: