It's been a pretty quiet week since we got home from our big trip. Harrison and I both started back to "school." I was thrilled to be back with my friends, but Harrison is still adjusting to the part where he has to say goodbye to Mom & Dad. He cries a lot when they leave, but stops before they're even at the end of the hallway...and then he seems a bit disappointed to see them at the end of the day because he wants to stay and play!
Harrison had a new toy waiting for him when we got home (thank youAunt Jen & Uncle Kevin). Unfortunately, I decided to give it a test drive before he got a chance to play with it. Luckily he liked chasing me, so technically he was having fun with it too, right?
I helped Mom bake some cookies the other day...as you can see I was very good at keeping a watchful eye on them to make sure they turned out just right!
I've also been busy getting back on track with the potty training stuff. I'm going to be very upset with Dad for taking these pictures, but they find it pretty funny. Apparently, I like a little privacy when I'm in the bathroom, so I've taken to putting a blanket over my head! Mom & Dad decided just to go with it since it seems to be helping!
I'm also working hard on my drawing skills and made a portrait of Daddy the other day. Don't you think it looks just like him?
On a sad note, Harrison got his first band aid today. He managed to snag his finger on something and it just kept bleeding, so I shared my Curious George bandaids with him. We had to keep a watchful eye on him though to make sure he didn't eat it! He wasn't sure what to think of the whole idea, but I did an excellent job playing nurse and helping feel better by giving him juice and toys to distract him. And I held his other hand while they bandaged him up and told him "it's okay, Harrison, see, it doesn't hurt so bad..." So sweet...
And my final funny story (no picture)... I really like to put my hand in the holy water when we go to church and Daddy has been trying to teach me to make the sign of the cross when I do it. So today, I reached in and got my fingers wet and proceeded to do "head, shoulders, knees and toes...." I think God understood what I meant though! Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment