Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

We had such a fun visit with Uncle Ryan and Aunt Brooke, but unfortunately we don't have a ton of pictures to prove that they were here! Luckily, I received a camera for Christmas and have been helping Mom and Dad take pictures to document our days so I have a few to share. I took this one of "the newlyweds" On the left is Daddy's cousin Brooke and her husband Jason who were up visiting from Colorado and Aunt Brooke and Uncle Ryan are on the right. They both got married last year so Grandma asked me to take a picture of the happy couples. You'll notice I'm a bit shorter than them from the angle of the shot....but they still look good!
We played Christmas - Part II one night out at the shed and Harrison and I got lots more toys from Grandma and Grandpa for out there and Ryan and Brooke gave us some great toys too! Thanks everyone!
Uncle Ryan helped Harrison put together his Lego gas truck -- Harrison's new favorite truck!
We rang in the new year together at our house with a yummy prime rib dinner (I say it's yummy because that's what everyone said...you don't really think I'd eat that do you???). Mom and Dad secretly pushed the clock ahead so that Harrison and I could countdown to midnight and make a bunch of noise with all our instruments. The next day we were still playing New Years --- we'd countdown from ten and yell Happy New Year while making as much music/noise as we could. This is definitely a new favorite holiday of ours!

Saturday was a day of firsts. We took the twins to their first movie in a theatre so we could watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. Amazingly, this went very smoothly. Harrison and I both sat and watched the whole show and the girls woke up, ate a bottle and fell back asleep for the whole movie. Phew! Then we met up with Grandma, Grandpa, Brooke and Ryan for mass and dinner and Mom and Dad actually took us out to our first fancy restaurant. We managed to do a pretty good job there too. Harrison discovered he loves bread and butter! This is a picture of us with Aunt Brooke in front of one of the trees they had in there...
The twins sure don't seem to make it into a lot of our pictures, so Mom took this one of the big girls sitting together in the recliner. We're finding it hard to believe they will be 3 months old already on Wednesday! (Kennedy is on the left)
And lastly, a picture of us in our new towels from Nona. The lighting got goofy in the second one, but we were making our respective animal noises -- Harrison was roaring like a dinosaur and I was making a "neee" sound like a unicorn

Hope everyone is having a fantastic 2010! We're off to a good start. However, this is Daddy's last week at home. The legislative session begins next week and he'll be living in Pierre during the weeks -- yikes! Wish us luck and we'll do our best to keep updating the blog during the chaos....otherwise, we'll see you in March :)

2 comments:

Flannery @ Three Sisterz said...

those babies are PRECIOUS.

mommy2alex said...

Happy New Year to all of you!
What a great celebration you had, too cute that Reagan and Harrison LOVED celebrating over and over again!
THe girls are getting so big, I cannot believe they're 3 months old already!
Keeping my fingers crossed for yall while Daddy's gone, but I'm sure yall will do fine, especially with lots of family members wanting to spend time with those 4 cute kiddies! :)