Thursday, December 17, 2009
Christmas Preparations
We've been busy gearing up for Christmas. One of my favorite memories from last year was making the gingerbread house and I asked Mom if we could decorate one again this year. Mom decided to get Harrison and me each one so we wouldn't fight over decorating (avoiding sibling squabbles is at the top of Mommy's wish list each day). Mom commented that decorating gingerbread houses is a lot like pumpkin carving -- a lot of work, mess and kids lose interest long before they are complete. But, we did have a lot of fun and Harrison and I are both proud of our houses -- and we both really enjoyed sneaking lots of candy for our bellies while putting a few pieces on the actual houses!

Last week, Daddy had some meetings up in Aberdeen and decided it would be easier just to stay overnight up there than to drive back late and back up again in the morning. Then, Mom and Dad decided to be really brave (and/or crazy....you decide) and take the whole family to stay overnight at the hotel with the fun swimming pool. Luckily, for them, it turned out to be a great idea. We were good kids and the babies did great sleeping up there too. Not sure we'll turn this into a weekly outing or anything, but good to know we can manage some of these things! Here we are all lined up on the bed in our room....Mom wanted to mark this momentous occasion of the babies first hotel stay....(Kennedy is on the left)
The babies were content to hang out in the carseats while Mom watched us swim in the pool. The wonderful part about this pool is that it is only 3 feet deep at the deepest end and even better was that Harrison and I pretty much stayed in the part that is about 8 inches deep. Mom had her suit on just in case she had to get in with us, but we played and swam nice all by ourselves. Daddy took us down again in the morning when we woke up while Mom stayed upstairs with the babies. It was a great trip!

We came home and got to work decorating our tree. I started and put all the red ornaments together in one spot on the tree and I think it looks lovely that way. I have even told Mommy very sternly that she is not to touch them or rearrange them while I am away at school. It's killing Mommy just a little bit not to fix my clumping style, but Mom and Dad do sit back at night and admire my work proudly....

Now, you may be looking at the tree and not quite seeing this clumping method of mine as well as you might if you could see the view from the recliner....here:
And apparently, Harrison shows clumping tendencies as well as illustrated here when Daddy was helping us make some Christmas cookies. While I was working to spread mine out evenly on the baking sheet, Harrison worked hard to line his up right next to one another. Then he tried stacking them.... we thought about doing an experiment to see how the tower would bake, but decided not to....maybe next time...

We've had lots of visits with Santa -- he came to Nette's daycare on Tuesday and brought us presents and we get to see him again on Sunday when he comes to town for a visit. I am just as enamored with the guy as last year! We are so excited for Christmas next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Karen - I feel ya on the clumping tree ornaments! that side shot is hilarious :) I suggest not sitting in that particular recliner! Glad to hear you are managing everyone so well! Happy Holidays to you!
The gingerbread houses turned out great!
What a brave mommy and daddy, but it looks like it was a huge success!!!
We have a gingerbread house kit for Bobby that we are going to put together today, since it is an indoor weekend. We have 12 inches of snow on the ground. We will take a picture of it and then we will start eating it, so that Thai will not eat it.
I think that Reagan and Harrison did a great job on their houses.
Post a Comment