Monday, November 2, 2009

Full Hands, Fall Weather, Tricks & Treats!

Sorry for the delay in our post...as you can see, we still have our hands full! The twins are finally starting to wake up a little during the day, which is a lot of fun because we get to see them discover us and recognize us and take in the world....but it also makes the day a little more busy since they like to be held and talked to now that they're awake :)
Luckily, Mom and Dad have two great helpers in Harrison and me
The girls are growing a little everyday -- even though they still look so tiny -- We head to the doctor on Thursday for a weight check -- so we'll let you know how they're doing after that.... Here are they are in their snuggly, adorable new sleepers from our friends Jason and Chris (Madison is on the left)...
This is definitely my favorite time of year -- Halloween is the kickoff of all my favorite fall events: trick-or-treating, followed by my birthday, followed by Thanksgiving (and the much anticipated visit by Pops, Gams, Amy, Scott, Abbey, Jen, Kevin & Bobby) and then of course, Christmas ---we're already working on our lists for Santa. But back to Halloween.....here we are getting ready for the Halloween Carnival. I decided to be Tinkerbell this year and really wanted Harrison to be Captain Hook, but they were out of Captain Hook and Harrison really really really wanted to be Lightning McQueen (is anyone really surprised????). He loves his costume so much and he wears it every single day!
The twins skipped the costumes this year - and instead chose to wear sleepers that said "little pumpkin" -- they also had cute Halloween bibs from Kerrie....as modeled by Madison in the photo below...
My favorite event at the carnival was the cake walk. I was determined to keep playing until I won the witch hat cake that I spied when we got there.....luckily I won on the 3rd try and got the cake I wanted. And then I just kept playing, determined to win even more (and I did get one more cake!). Harrison really liked going through a little inflatable haunted house and pretty much any game that he did while walking around with Papa. Grandma was in charge of holding babies and seemed pretty happy to do that :)We got together with the other Brown cousins (except Shad and Seth who live in Washington and are coming to play with us this weekend!). Pictured from left to right: Minnie - holding Kennedy, Grandma - holding Madison, Harrison, me up on the bleachers, Boston (dressed as a snail - so cute!), Daddy's Aunt Judy, and Mikenna. We learned it's impossible to get four kids to look at camera at the same time -- but at least we got all of us together :)
Yesterday we had gorgeous weather so we spent most of the day outside. We went for a bike ride, took down Halloween decorations, played some football and then moved on to a little soccer.....as you can see, we had a little difficulty with that sport:
We took the twins out for a walk to enjoy the fresh air since it was finally warm enough to dress them up and take them out. You might have to click on the picture to see better, but they are wearing the most adorable hats that Mommy's friend Jonnelle made for them (Kennedy is on the left). Harrison got to ride in the double stroller since the girls fit together on one seat and on the walk home, I rode on the foot area and we successfully turned mom's double jogger into a quadruple stroller :)

Just a final picture we had to share because Mom had to capture it on film. We have a picture of me doing this exact same thing to Daddy when I was a baby -- he must have a tasty looking nose!Here's me when I was four months old doing the exact same thing....

3 comments:

Fosko Family said...

Harrison,

Nice costume, I want to wear it next year!

Bobby. :)

Allison said...

Ah, Corey gets a small "taste" of what breastfeeding is like?! Ha! Too cute! and the girls are just adorable in all their little coordinating outfits. Props to Jonelle on those hats! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

mommy2alex said...

Is Harrison still sporting his big brother bracelets?! TOO cute! I do love the picture of him looking so lovingly at one of his little sisters!
Love their costumes and Lightening McQueen is perfectly fitting for H!
Thanks for the pic of the sweeties in their hats! They are just the sweetest, I would have to hold them nonstop!!