Monday, November 16, 2009

Disney Live! and Almost Five

The birthday celebrations have begun! I am taking a play out of PaPa's book and celebrating my birthday over several days rather than just one.... We started with a fun day on Saturday. Mom, Harrison and I drove over to Brookings to see Playhouse Disney Live! -- all our favorite characters on stage. (after suffering through My Little Pony's Teaparty on stage a couple years ago, Daddy was more than willing to offer to stay home with the babies!). We had a really fun day, enjoyed the show, bought the necessary light up toys that come hand-in-hand with such events, and even ran into the "big" twins Olivia and Neva. They had open seats near them, so we moved at intermission and watched the rest of the show together....a perfect day!
We came home and got rested up and Sunday was another fun filled day with my birthday party. Harrison and I helped bake the cake -- and, of course, helped clean up the bowl afterwards....
We made a princess cake and Mom let me decorate her dress -- I decided on polka dots and rainbows (those are the arches....hard to tell when you only have one color to work with!). Mom forgot to take a picture of the back of the dress, which I decorated with all the candy balloon and streamer pieces -- I was pretty proud of my work!
We invited some of my friends to go bowling and had a great afternoon. A few friends ended up not being able to make it, and Mom & Dad decided afterwards that it might not have been such a bad thing.....little kids and bowling can get to be a handful after a while :).
We just keep laughing at this picture. Harrison really got into bowling and was yelling "I winned" every time his ball went down the lane (he also ran around yelling "touchdown" a few times too....a little confused, I guess!)
Today I took cupcakes for snack time at school to celebrate with my classmates and tomorrow is my actual birthday when Mom & Dad will finally let me open all these presents that are piling up over here! Whew -- it sure is fun to be (almost) five!

No comments: