Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

We got off to a bit of a late start with all of our Christmas preparations since we just got home last week, but we managed to catch up pretty quick! We spent most of the day Monday baking cookies. I was a really big help. I liked rolling out the dough and pressing out the shapes. I also thought I should take on the VERY important job of taste tester and made sure to regularly taste the dough and the finished product to make sure it was still good!
Harrison woke up from his nap and figured out what was going on and decided to help me make sure everything was turning out okay. Mom sure is hoping there's some cookies left to put out for Santa! Dad and I decorated the cookies (luckily Grandma let me practice on her cookies, so I definitely had the hang of it...I really love sprinkles!)
With most of the baking checked off of our list, we set out to find our Christmas tree. Every year we go to a tree farm and cut down our own (and every year once we get out there we wonder what we were thinking!....especially this year because we got there a little late so we had to hurry to find one before the sun went down...as you can see from the picture we did it just in the nick of time!). I really liked the little Charlie Brown type trees, but we eventually settled on a really tall one and I helped Daddy get it down ("what are you doing daddy? what's under there? let's take it home daddy, I really love it!")

We weren't sure if we were going to mess with Christmas lights this year or not, but every night we'd drive around to look at lights and then when we got home, I would say "but there's no christmas lights on Reagan's house" (imagine this with the saddest tone you could possibly imagine). Anyhow, my charm worked because Daddy got out the ladder yesterday and got to work making the house beautiful. Harrison and I helped by dragging most of our toys outside to occupy ourselves while they worked. I even helped Daddy hold the ladder and the hammer! We got a lit up train this year, so Harrison was pretty happy to just sit in his red car and look at that. We made a pretty good cheering squad. Dad finished up while we went in for dinner and baths and we got to go outside and see the lights when it got dark. I was soooo excited! I just ran around yelling "there's Christmas lights on Reagan's house! It's so pretty! This is the best ever! I love my daddy!" Needless to say, I was pleased. (and all the neighbor's kids came out to ooh and ahh at them too, so Daddy was very proud!)



So now the only thing left on my list is to keep being good because Santa is watching! Mom & Dad sure do like to remind me of that a lot!

No comments: