Monday, December 3, 2007

Denver


We had another great car trip from Salt Lake City to Denver. Harrison and I are really getting the hang of this. (I will say however that I will be happy to never again hear the words "why don't you take a little rest?" and "can you hold it for a little while?" -- which means, uh oh the next rest stop is 20 miles away!). We stopped in Denver for the weekend and stayed with Mommy's best friend from forever Tessa and her husband Nayab. Their son Asher is my age and their daughter Nadia is just a little younger than Harrison. She is the cutest little baby and she had a total crush on my Dad! I loved to hold her and ooh and aah about how adorable she was and how much I love her! As you can see in the photos, Asher and I got along really well too. The mommies and daddies keep talking about us getting married, but for the time being all we cared about was playing trains and chasing each other around (and sometimes fighting, but we usually got over that pretty quickly!). Tessa took most of the pictures so we'll have to update this with more later when we get those from her, but we did manage to take a few...


Our favorite outing was when we went to the mall to see Santa Claus. I was so excited to see him and sit on his lap and tell him all the things I want for Christmas! Harrison, however, was not as enamored with the guy and let his feelings be known pretty clearly. You'll see that Asher's little sister felt the same way in their picture! (you may have to click on the picture to see it bigger)

Saturday night, their babysitter was kind (and brave) enough to take on all four of us kids while the grown ups spent a night out on the town. Sunday, was a pretty quiet day for the adults, but we all entertained ourselves quite well and had a wonderful day playing together. It was such a fun trip and we miss our friends already!

No comments: