Okay, pictures will come soon....hopefully tomorrow...although we all know that we never know what tomorrow brings....so here is one just in case I never find my way back to the computer. In the meantime, I am just soaking in the fact that I don't have babies anymore. And that's as much a welcome realization as it is a sadness.
It's no secret that I cried the day we went in for a 20 week ultrasound on our "baby" only to find out that there were two little beings in there. I was scared and overwhelmed and worried. And Lord knows I have cried many times since that day: with extreme relief and joy when they arrived into this world and we learned we had two more beautiful daughters, with utter frustration at my perceived shortcomings as a mom of four tiny beings, and with absolute pride and amazement when I just sit back and watch what amazing little people all four of them are. The song "I Have Been Blessed" by Martina McBride plays in my mind repeatedly when I sit back and watch my children. I truly do thank God at the end of every day. Whether it's because I simply managed to get through the day or because it was one of those days where everything went so very well or because I listened to the struggle of a friend who is struggling to have children or who has a child with a serious illness or disability. I know that I am blessed and lucky. But I really don't know where the past three years went! I said it today to someone: everyone says it goes by in the blink of an eye. I didn't believe it during some of those chaotic days when I was blinking my eyes repeatedly hoping to fast forward through that stage. But I am faced with the reality that time really does fly. My girls aren't babies anymore. Harrison and Reagan and I realized tonight while saying their bedtime prayers that we still include the words "the babies" when we rattle through all the people that we "God bless..." each night. Probably time to change that. Or maybe not... Madison and Kennedy will always be my babies.... I want to remind myself to soak in more of the daily moments and embrace the chaos... whether it be the fun and crazy times or the stressful and crazy times.
We are still finding our way. But luckily we have four bright, happy and healthy children helping us steer the right course. Thank you for allowing me a moment to linger on a moment and an achievement and a exciting birthday. Madison is a quiet, strong-willed, bright and hilarious little princess. I cannot wait to watch her this coming year as she becomes more verbal and able to share what's behind those twinkling eyes. Kennedy was feisty from day one....always the one to kick Corey back when he poked my stomach while pregnant. And yet she is as sweet and silly as she is sassy. They are incredible little girls. And they adore their older brother and sister as much as they are adored by them (even if they do steal every single one of their toys and claim them as their own...Reagan and Harrison can thank them someday for teaching them such amazing skills in patience, generosity and forgiveness!). Happy Birthday Madison and Kennedy. Your mommy and daddy love you to the moon and back plus infinity!

No comments:
Post a Comment