Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving in Maryland

Well, we've been home a while now...guess it's about time we put some pictures up from our trip to Maryland. We had such an amazing time and loved every second we were able to spend with Pops, Gams, and our aunts, uncles and especially our cousins. Bobby and Harrison are missing each other terribly, as are Abbey and I. It was certainly chaotic at times, but us kids never seemed to notice that!

Here I am with my newest nephew, Casey. I absolutely adore him and asked all the time to hold him. Unfortunately, the poor little guy is pretty colicky so there weren't a lot of times he wasn't crying, but I managed to get a few snuggles in with the kid:
We enjoyed gorgeous weather and played at the park while everyone back home here in South Dakota was enjoying a few inches of fresh snow!
Abbey and I painted our nails....
We survived a trip to the dentist. Mom has been going to the same guy since she was about 9 so she just sees him whenever she's in town and he gave us kids a check up too. All three of us were happy to hear the words "No Cavities!"

We celebrated Part 3 of my 6th Birthday at Chuck E Cheese with my cousins....


(Mom loves this picture....at first she thought I just happened to be resting my arm, but on closer inspection she discovered my master plan against Harrison to just block the goal!)Chuck E Cheese came out to wish me a happy birthday and call me up front....
I didn't exactly love that partAnd then I got to go in the ticket blaster, but I got a little nervous about that too when I saw how windy it gets in there. Luckily, Mom volunteered to go in with me....
It was a really fun night!

We enjoyed a yummy Thanksgiving dinner at Pops and Gams' house
and we celebrated Casey's Baptism the next day. Mommy and Daddy were honored to be chosen as Casey's Godparents. And, as you can see in the picture below, Madison and Kennedy apparently nominated themselves as junior godparents (if there is such a thing)....They don't let anyone else hold them much if Mom and Dad are around, so they got to stand up front for the Baptism ceremony :)



We turned Pops and Gams' basement into a Playzone of sorts and had a blast playing during Casey's baptism party...

We even managed to get all the grandkids on the couch with Pops and Gams for a picture one day. We didn't exactly get a perfect shot, but just getting everyone on the same couch at the same time was a HUGE accomplishment so we'll take what we got and we will always remember everyone's personalities pretty well from that day!
It was hard to say goodbye and we wish there was some magic wand that could make all the states between South Dakota and Maryland just disappear (no offense to all our readers in those states in between....you don't really have to disappear, maybe just move over a little so we can be closer????). Thanks to all our family for a great vacation! (oh, and for those of you wondering, Mom and Dad were extremely relieved to have FOUR excellent travelers with them on both flights....they couldn't have been any luckier!)

No comments: