What is happening in this picture?a) this baby has a foot growing out of it's head
b) this baby has already mastered the yoga pose of a forward bend and is bent in half
c) one baby is kicking THE OTHER baby in the head.
The correct answer is.......C! Yep, at 20 weeks along, we got the very very very surprising news that there are TWO BABIES IN MOMMY'S TUMMY!!!!! Now, this wasn't surprising to me, as I have been asking Mommy all along "what if there were two babies in your belly?" I actually had the nerve in the ultrasound room to turn to Daddy and say "I was right!" My biggest concern right now is that we only have one bottle. Mom and Dad seem worried about a whole list of things, but both of them are a bit too stunned to even talk right now. Once I get them settled down, I'm sure we'll get back to posting on our blog and we'll let you know how things are going. The good news is that the doctor said THE TWINS look excellent and he's not worried about mom at all -- although he did notice she was in a bit of a state of shock and decided to keep most conversation for her next appointment.
Wish us all luck! As for me, I'm thrilled! And, to answer your question, no....they did not find out the sex of the babies...
5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How exciting!!! I hope all is well and you're feeling alright. I'm getting induced Monday if little Sydney doesn't arrive on her own before then. I'm sooo anxious! Talk to you soon!
Hope you are doing ok today. We are thinking about you lots. Take and we will talk to you soon. We love you.
Jen, Kevin, and Bobby
Aww, sibling rivalry in the womb!
OMG!!!! I am freaking!!!!!
WOWZERS!!! Congratulations to you and the family - what a double blessing. I do have probably a stupid question, however. Why didn't the doctor ever pick up any signs before this (double doppler heart beat, perhaps enhanced growth, etc.)?
Traci McG.
Post a Comment