Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Senator Corey W Brown -- it sounds so nice!

I thought I would start this post with a little look at our weather out here in the great state of South Dakota -- it's been blizzarding all week. You'll notice we almost couldn't see our neighbor's house! Luckily, we're due for some warmer temperatures next week! And even more lucky is that Daddy safely made it down to Pierre yesterday for the start of the legislative session!They didn't tell us kids where they were going, but today Mommy and Grandma drove through the weather too and went to see Daddy get sworn in as State Senator. Mom is still just beaming with pride. Daddy looked pretty sharp and it sounds like he had a great first day on the job!
These are our District 23 Legislators. On the left is Rep. Charlie B Hoffman (if anyone is watching Countdown to the Crown on TLC or plans to watch Miss America -- his daughter is Miss South Dakota!). To daddy's right is Rep. Justin Cronin, also from Gettysburg and a friend of daddy's. Great group of guys who will do a fantastic job! Daddy tells me I can come visit one day and I'm allowed to sit with him on the Senate floor (this is an honor....even Mommy isn't allowed -- just us kiddos!)
Here's Daddy and Justin....
Mommy and Daddy
Daddy with his desk and nameplate
It's official....he's now Senator Corey Brown. Make us proud Daddy! (oh wait, we already are!).

Meanwhile, back home, us kids are working hard. I decided this week after mommy and I finished our baking that I wanted to help mommy with the mopping. She was happy to teach me! Harrison decided he ought to help out too and grabbed my toy vacuum -- mom can't wait until he's big enough to run the real one if he's that eager to help too!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so proud for you! Congrats Senator Brown. I DO think it sounds awfully nice!

Allison said...

Congrats! It does sound awfully nice!

3 Great Girls said...

Congratulations Corey!
The girls are so excited for you.

desertgramma said...

Congratulations Mr. Senator! Prairie Grammas are proud for all of you. Just for the record, we are at -27 again today with warming promised by the weekend. There is so much snow in our town they have to carry it out in big trucks! By the way, Gramma Jane attended the SD Beauty Pagent in 1962 and saw Miss South Dakota Crowned--she was on her way home from Summer School in Boulder, CO. Sending you WARM wishes from the Prairie. Kate & Jane