The moving truck is full of all our belongings and my heart is full of gratitude for the amazing friends we've made during our 3 years here in Oklahoma. This is definitely the hardest goodbye we've had to say yet. My reaction when we received orders to come to OKC was so far off the mark. I had no way of knowing how perfect this place would have been for a Navy wife, a new mom and a girl adjusting to not working for the first time in her life. I found such an amazing support network, an extended family that would do anything (and I mean anything!) for us, and friends that I know will be with us for the rest of our lives no matter the distance between us. Reagan and Harrison found perfect playmates and friends that I hope will also be in their lives forever. I couldn't have asked for anything better. South Dakota has some big shoes to fill!I'm headed out this afternoon with the dogs to drive halfway and will get to Gettysburg tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to get back to Corey and the kids. I'm missing them tons and the empty house only makes me want to be near them more.
Signing off from Oklahoma....more posts coming soon from the campaign trail!
2 comments:
I cannot shake the case of chills - I'm with you, Edmond sure is going to be hard to measure up to!
Hope you have a safe trip, we'll keep you in our prayers!!
Oh Karen, we miss you guys already! Good luck adjusting in your new town. We're really excited that Reagan and Harrison get to see their Grandparents more regularly. We expect to keep in touch!
Post a Comment