Sunday, January 13, 2008

Daddy Daycare

Sorry we're a bit behind on our blog...Mommy had to leave unexpectedly this week to go help a girlfriend and Daddy was pretty busy running the show around here. The good news is that Daddy is pretty good at taking care of us and we were all in one piece, clean and well cared for when Mommy got home last night. Daddy even welcomed Mommy home with a nice candlelight dinner. I think he missed her! I even got to stay up late to welcome her home with a big hug and kiss (and to see what presents she brought for me!). I really missed her....even though it took me a while to notice she was gone (she got the call while Harrison and I were at school and left before we got home that day....it actually took me until after dinner to ask daddy where she was!). Mommy is happy to be home and happy that her girlfriend is doing well. Mommy & Daddy's friend was in a plane accident while flying over in the Persian Gulf. He is thankfully safe and wasn't seriously injured. But please keep him, his wife, and their two little boys in your prayers until he safely returns from his deployment this summer!

Daddy didn't take any pictures while Mommy was gone but we have a ton to share from the previous weekend. We got some beautiful weather for a few days and took advantage of it to get out to the park and to the zoo. I get braver every time we go to the park and have mastered the monkey bars, zip line, balance beam, etc. Harrison is starting to want to follow me on all of these things...he doesn't seem to have much fear yet!


We went with my friend Allison and her family to the zoo and had a great time walking around looking at the animals, playing at the playground and riding the carousel.

We're looking forward to settling back into our normal routine this week. Harrison has his belated 15 month check up on Wednesday so we'll write then to update you on how much he's grown!

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Thinking of your friend tonight, so glad that you were able to go be with her!

That picture of Reagan, Harrison, Allison and Ethan standing in the window at the zoo is AMAZING - I cannot believe how big they are all getting...I feel like I've been gone forever, but it really hasn't been that long.

{{Hugs}} to ya'll!