There are some shelves in my bedroom next to the fireplace, and one of those shelves has these books on it:
And there are many, many days that I find any one of my four children sitting in a chair reading these books. These books are hardcover copies of the blog we started in 2007. They LOVE reading and looking at pictures and remembering stories of some of the funny and amazing things they have done. And somewhere along the line....life got a little too busy with four little people with lots of immediate needs and I stopped updating the blog. It became too easy to post a picture to Facebook and leave a footprint of a memory there...but a quick photo on Facebook doesn't include the stories and memories quite like these books do and I'm not sure my Facebook feed will be as interesting to look back at as these books are. So, I'm HOPING to get back to putting pictures and updates here. Partly for family that isn't on Facebook that has been missing out...but mostly for my kids, so that they can have these memory books to look back on (because Lord knows, as much as I enjoy scrapbooking, I will never get caught up with it.) This fall, I will have all four kids in school (gasp!), so hopefully I can even go back and fill in the gap of time with photos and memories and reminders from Facebook posts during that time. Wish us luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment