Monday, December 1, 2008

Santa Claus Was Here!

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving here and hope you all did as well. So much to be thankful for this year! And luckily we had lots of family over to help us enjoy the day. We didn't take very many pictures of the family or the bird, but Daddy did snap this picture of Harrison. He doesn't feel that the table is completely set until there are some cars and trucks sitting near him....then he proceeded to start loading up his truck with corn -- we've been out with Grandma and Grandpa a few times to check on the corn and watch the trucks unloading at the elevator. Apparently Harrison has been paying attention! (or maybe he just didn't want to eat his corn...)
We stopped in one of the new stores in town on Friday and Harrison and I each found a toy to buy -- I bought a bubble machine (mom and dad were thrilled) and Harrison found a remote control car. It took him a minute to figure out the whole remote control part, but now he loves to set the car on top of the coffee table and launch it! He thinks it's equally hilarious every single time!


Friday we spent the afternoon with Grandma while Mom and Dad took advantage of the nice day, got out the monster ladder and started hanging christmas lights. They told us they had a surprise for us when we got home. They pulled up to the house and Harrison gasped and said "WOW!" Meanwhile, I was silent. They weren't sure if I was just so excited that I was speechless or what. I sweetly asked, "but how come there's not more lights????" Apparently I'm tough to impress! They only have about half the house done so we'll post pictures when the decorating is complete (and once I declare that there are enough lights, apparently!)

Saturday, I went with Mommy up to the Manor to call Bingo (her CCD kids were helping with that this month and I got to tag along.) I had a great time and Mom was genuinely impressed with how well behaved I was. I even made friends with a nice old man who gave his prize to me when he won!

The highlight of my weekend, though, was the Parade of Lights. My daycare made a float and they asked me to ride along on it. The theme for the parade this year was Disney and Lynette and her daughter decdied to go with Hannah Montana (Avery is a huge fan -- I actually don't even know about Hannah Montana yet, but luckily we just dressed in warm coats and blankets, so there was no dressing up involved). Our float won first prize!!!! Then to top it all off, when Mom and Dad came to get me off the float we walked up the street a ways and spotted Santa Claus! I let go of Mommy's hand and ran to him and jumped up in his arms -- I was so excited!!!! Santa asked me what I wanted this year and I informed him that I was writing him a list in my letter --- then I asked Santa if he knows how to read!!!!!! Santa assured me that he can so I better get working on my letter. So far, all I've written is "Dear Santa"

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Oh how fun!! Reagan is just growing and blossoming there in SD!!
Harrison is a little boy, no more baby left in him at all - such a cutie pie!!
Miss you all bunches:)