Sunday, August 31, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry we've been MIA for a bit -- a few computer glitches have been keeping us away. We're still working on the glitches, but we're at least able to upload a few pictures and let everyone know what we've been up to. Nona & Stacey came up to visit last weekend and we were so excited to see them. They ended up getting to play with us lots while Mom & Dad got to work on measuring, cutting & staining trim for the baseboards in the office. They also managed to teach themselves how to hang a door - they're starting to find themselves a little bit handy! Speaking of handy, they bought me my own tool belt with real tools so that I could help occasionally. Nona and her puppy Stella supervised me as I learned a few things about hammering and safety goggles. I'm not sure when I'll get to work on a "real" project, but I think I'm ready!



Mom & Dad were happy with all the work they got done, us kids were happy to have people to play with while they did all that work and I think Nona & Stacey had a good time with all of us! Mom & Dad did manage to spend some time with Nona & Stacey too...they got a sitter Saturday night and took them along to mass at the river and then out to the steak place. They headed from here to Minnesota for the MN state fair. Silly Mommy had to go and get a job or else we would have tagged along too! We hope to take a trip down to Boulder this fall or winter to see their new place down there and get some more time together!

The other big news around here is that Harrison is turning TWO years old tomorrow! Wow! I've been getting pretty excited because I know that birthdays mean cake & presents and I'm pretty sure Harrison is going to need my help opening presents, learning how to play with them and of course, eating his cake! Mom even let us open one present early this weekend -- how could she resist? -- it was a huge box and she needed something to keep us kids occupied while they helped Grandma & Grandpa clean out the garage! Pops & Gams bought us (I mean, Harrison) a mini-moonbounce!!! It is so much fun! Mom even thinks it's short enough that we may be able to use it in the basement during the long winter that lies ahead :)!

I'm sure we'll have lots more to post after we celebrate Harrison's birthday tomorrow! In the meantime, just a flashback to two years ago:

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

OH my goodness, look at them as babies - I cannot believe he's going to be two, time flies!!!
Yall are just having your own little DIY show at your house.
Okay, SO sad about the MN Fair comment - it's right down the road from us and we would have LOVED to seen yall!!!!